Friday, February 11, 2011

Zuzu and the Blimp

For some reason, Silicon Valley seems to be the home of the Farmers Insurance blimp. Any day that it's nice out (all but maybe 2 weeks out of the year), if you look up in the sky for long enough, you'll find the blimp.

Yesterday, the blimp decided to come say hi to Zuzu.

It was about 1pm in the afternoon and we were hanging in the backyard with our relax completely on. I was reading on the chaise, soaking up some California rays, and she was napping in her favorite shady spot. All of a sudden, she springs up and looks like she's ready to attack the sky!

I hadn't even noticed the motor until then, but I looked up, and the blimp was heading right towards our backyard. Sure enough, it began to hover directly over us! Zuzu was going CRAZY! She did not like that blimp.

I don't know how well blimp drivers can see the ground, but it must have been designated 'torture a furry puppy day', because the blimp then proceeded to make a weird 3 point turn over our backyard to start heading north.

Zuzu did not stop barking and growling and trying to chase it until it was clearly on the other side of our tall skinny bushes and out of our backyard.

I had been sitting on the porch step by the house watching everything. As soon as she cleared our backyard of the blimp, she very proudly pranced up to me, then turned around and sat on my feet, looking in the direction of where the blimp had floated off to.

She had saved me and our home from a giant and terrifying monster, and she was going to guard and protect my feet from any further intrusion!

Good dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment