Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Two Year Old

Anyone remember when your children were about two years old and they would do almost anything to get your attention? Good, bad, and anything in between? You had to learn to ignore the bad so as not to encourage it, but sometimes it was just so freakin' cute that it was hard to ignore.

I was standing at the sink this morning, peeling hard boiled eggs for the girls' breakfast, when Zuzu decided she wanted me. She stood behind me barking, and I started to scold her. She had already been out, and had just been fed her breakfast and didn't want to go back outside yet. The more I told her 'Quiet' the more she barked, so it was time to ignore her.

I turned around and continued to peel, with my back to her. Bark! Bark! Pause. Bark! Pause. Bark? Pause. Bruhwuh?! Pause.

Then the gentle tugging on the bottom of my pajama leg began. Bruhwuhwuhwuh....tug tug tug.

Progress to the soft ankle nibble. Mruhmrrrrmrrrr!

Then the closer....she jumped up, put her paws on my butt, and started thumping them on my bottom! Patt patt patt pattity patt.

If she had been two, that would have been the equivalent of the temper tantrum turning into, "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?"

Then she finally laid down quietly behind me. It was all I could do not to burst out into giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment