Friday, February 25, 2011

Lap Dog

Zuzu thinks she's a lap dog!

I had a Cavalier for 12 years - a dog whose sole purpose was to sit on the laps of British royalty and keep them warm in their drafty castles - and he NEVER sat in my lap. He didn't really fit, so he always just sat next to me.

Zuzu is already bigger than Snickers and her breed's purpose is to hang out and guard sheep. Outdoors. By herself.  But sit down on the floor and she turns into a proper Cavalier.  Right into my lap she crawls.

Now, you're probably wondering how she fits. Well, she doesn't!  Her lap sitting can be her bottom in my lap with her front hanging off or looking up at me, trying to bite my ear. Or, her front half might be in my lap, with her back half hanging off while she tries to gnaw on my arm.  Only once did I get her belly in my lap, with both ends hanging off (too hard for her to chew on me that way).

I am her personal, heated chair/chew toy.

Now if she would just stop the chewing, I'd stay on the floor longer to cuddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment