Thursday, February 10, 2011

I love my puppy!

Have I mentioned how much I love my puppy lately? I really really love my puppy!

She's not a perfect puppy. She is demanding and stubborn and sometimes quite ornery. If she wants something, she wants it NOW and does not take no for an answer. Sometimes she'll accept an alternate suggestion, but never a no. No just means she's not trying hard enough.  And sometimes the alternative is seen as 'in addition to'.  It is possible for her to fit a rawhide AND a table leg in her mouth at the same time!

But, when she sees me step outside, the glee that her whole body shows just melts me!  When I sit down next to her and she tries to crawl into my lap even though she already doesn't fit, but she stays and looks up at me with her soft puppy eyes I feel so much love inside of me. When we have our quiet time and I get to brush her, when she listens and comes for a treat, when we play fetch with her rope, when her butt turns into a funny floor magnet at meal time, trying so hard to remember to sit first (sit..wiggle closer...sit harder...wag wag, oops...sit even harder!) all of the other antics just disappear. So what if my flower garden is just a memory? She's prettier than flowers on any day!

I love my puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment