Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Moving

I hate moving. It's kind of ironic considering I've done it my whole life. I don't think I minded it so much as a kid. Mom and Dad took care of the hard stuff and I just went along for the ride. The only hard part was saying goodbye to friends, then it was just the excitement of the new.

It's different now. We have to decide where to live - do we rent or buy?  Where will the girls go to school? How will Jim get to work? Will I work and where? Where are the best dance classes and lacrosse teams? I get an upset stomach just thinking about it all.

Where does Zuzu fit into this?

She is my happy distraction. When we're playing or walking, by myself or with Jim, and thinking or talking about the move, she will inevitably do something that takes my mind off it and I go straight to her. Whether she's being super cute, or naughty, or just stopping to pee, she pulls my mind away from DC and straight to her.  When I'm researching homes and I see one for rent near walking trails or with a big fenced in yard, I smile at how fun it will be to have her there with me.

On top of it all, I know I don't have to look for a job, because my job - for now - is her!

My comfort in all of my moves has been my family. Knowing that no matter what's in store, we'll be facing it together. Now my family is even bigger!  She is such a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment