Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Virginia People

Darby and I have decided that people in Northern Virginia are too busy, and not nearly as friendly as people in California.

When we're out walking Zuzu, people will cross the street to the other side, or put their noses down and walk faster.  It's just weird, and sort of rude.

I have started taking great pleasure at slowing down a little, staring at them, and saying, "Good Morning," or whatever appropriate greeting comes to mind. If they have a dog, I make Zuzu sit and stare too. Haha! I know, annoying, right?! Sometimes I crack myself up!

People are starting to say hi back though. And they smile! They're not so mean after all, they just require some obnoxious prodding.

Yesterday, a man came out of his garage to meet Zuzu. Last night, a couple walking their Golden that I had greeted a couple days in a row actually smiled and waved first, and this morning a woman crossed the street with her dog TOWARDS us, just to say hi!

It's still not California, but Virginia, I'm starting to see hope for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment