Monday, July 4, 2011

No More Hotel

We're finally in the house full time. Yay! Most of our furniture has been delivered. They did lose one or two crates of furniture and boxes (bummer) but hopefully they'll locate it and deliver it this week. Either way, we're in our home, and that makes us happy!

Zuzu loves it so far.

She loves that only half of our bed showed up and she can lick my nose in the middle of the night as she stands next to my mattress (no boxspring) on the floor.

She loved when we opened a box and found some of her toys in it today. She threw her stuffed piggy high in the air and chased it and threw it and pounced on it and chewed it and threw it some more!

She loves that the previous owners left the yard in serious need of cleanup. There are sticks and wood piles and pretty tall grass plants and dirt to play in and completely rearrange. No more crying at the door for Mommy and Daddy! She runs and barks (a little too much) and grabs a piece if split wood off the pile and sprints around the yard with it, before settling down to chew on it.

Yesterday she had her first real thunderstorm. She was curious at the noise and flashes, but relatively unimpressed.

Today, she had her first Fourth if July. It was WAY more exciting!  Tons of neighbors set off hundreds of loud, bright fireworks. She barked a couple of times, but mostly just sat by the front door, looking out the window. Jim and I took her outside and sat on the front step to watch them with her. She sat between us and cocked her head and looked around trees to see the pretty lights. She didn't bark, cry, jump... none of what a normal puppy would go through with fireworks. We had her on her leash and we were ready to bring her right in if she seemed frightened, but she just sat and watched with us. It was really neat. Now she is asleep on the living room floor, even though the explosions got much louder outside.  I think she'd make a great war dog... but I'd never let her. It's ok if I go, but I don't like when my husband is deployed and I'd never sleep at night if my children or animals went!

Her only issue in the new house is the stairs. She's no longer afraid of them and runs up and down with no real problems, but she's about as graceful as ....I don't even know.  As my husband doing ballet? As an elephant trying to hula hoop? Anyway, she's NOT graceful. I bust out laughing every time she runs up or down. She is such a clutz! It's a good thing she doesn't have an agility show coming up anytime.

Maybe she would not be the best war dog after all.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment