Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lake Mercer



How do you make a dog happy? Get 'lost' in the woods!

Darby and I decided to walk Zuzu to the neighborhood lake and see what it was like. I was told that there was a nice trail around it that people walked and biked.

I should have done more research. I didn't realize that at the far end of the lake, the trail followed the creek that fed into it for a really really long way before a little bridge crossed the creek.  We ended up walking about five miles.

It was actually a nice cool morning, and Zuzu had the time of her life! She pranced ahead, nose in the air, tail wagging, the entire time. She even started giving occasional, happy sounding, single barks into the air. She was queen of the woods!

When we got home, Darby and I were exhausted. Zuzu ran around the house some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment