Thursday, July 28, 2011

Insanity

My dog is craaaaazzzzyyyy today!

She slept all day yesterday, and I swear she woke up bigger.

Since she woke up this morning, she has been all go, go, go!  She thought she was a bloodhound on our morning walk, sniffing the whole way, then giving a bark and trying to run.  I don't know what she was smelling:  maybe a chipmunk, maybe a friend, maybe a cute boy dog.  Who knows?  But, she wanted to chase after that smell.

When we stopped for training on the basketball court, she would only "stay" if there was something interesting to watch. That interesting thing was never me. It's a good thing she knows verbal commands too, or we wouldn't have gotten anything done.

On the way home, it was all pull, pull, pull!

Normally after our walks, I sit and read and she naps by the door.  There was no napping this morning, and very little reading (or a lot of reading, if you consider how many times I had to read each line to make sense of it between puppy antics.)  I kept having to take breaks and play chase and toss and wrestle, or my feet and the sofa would become chew toys.  I finally gave up and went out back and tossed balls and sticks and she ran and ran! And then we played 'attack the water' until she was soaking wet and very happy.  And this was all before 8am.

I think one of her brothers' spirits inhabited my sweet little girl overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment