Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dog at my Feet

I've always wanted a dog that will lie at my feet.  Snickers would sleep... a lot... but he just kind of picked his spot and stayed there.

Zuzu has become such a companion.  Almost anywhere I move in the house, she is there with me.  If I'm here on the computer, she's next to my chair.  If I'm in the family room, she's next to my couch or chair.  When we sleep at night, she's next to the bed.  Even when I'm cleaning, she's trying to lean on me as I move around the house.

The only exception is when I have a go, go, go day, or when I'm in the kitchen, where she's not allowed to follow.  Then, she just gives up and finds a nice place to nap.  She doesn't even really enjoy being outside by herself anymore.  I send her out whenever it's dry, but she only lasts 15 minutes to half an hour unless someone is outside with her, before she is barking at the door to come back inside.

So far, it's not at all annoying and I'm enjoying her company.  And when Tressa gets home, she'll chose a game of tag around the house over keeping me company any day!

I sat down to knit for a bit, and she sat right with me.  Darby took this picture of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment