Monday, October 3, 2011

Growing Pains


Is anyone else’s puppy going INSANE right now?  Mine is.

I don’t know if it’s the change in the weather, or if she’s growing, or if it’s all just some strange puppy teenage angst, but I’m ready for it to be OVER.

The chewing.  Again?  Really?!

I’ve lost:
...more of my living room rug.  I have given up on it, but won’t replace it until she’s three.  Guests will just have to understand.
...a set of blinds in my bedroom.  Neighbors - just close your eyes and pretend they’re there.
...one of Darby’s fuzzy slippers.  They came to a tragic, tragic end. Better them than the cat.
...the corners of the walls of my house by the baseboards.  How do you replace that?  I’m glad I’m not renting anymore.  I’d be in soooo much trouble!
...the ability to walk her calmly.  Short leash, long leash, it does not matter.  It’s all pull pull pull!

Today, if I tried to sit down, she jumped on me and started play biting.  It’s like she’s reverted to two months old.  Help!

She needs to leave this stage and leave it NOW.  Jim says she can’t come to Florida at Christmastime with us.  He said he won’t bring her into my parents house like this, especially now that we don’t crate her.  I’m afraid to board her, both because I will miss her too much and I don’t want her to be in a cage at the boarder’s either.

Please, puppy!  Grow out of this stage in under two months!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment