Saturday, April 2, 2011

More Antics

Yesterday, Jim and I decided to drop Zuzu off after the first mile and do a second mile on our own.  We asked the kids to watch her, and luckily, they were watching well.

First, Darby and her friend played with Zuzu outside in the backyard, then decided to let her in with Tressa.  Zuzu started running around the family room, and jumped up on the kitchen counter and knocked a glass off the counter!  Luckily, she knocked it off away from her, into the kitchen rather than into the family room where she was standing.

The kids immediately grabbed her, crated her, and vacuumed up the glass, but left her crated until I got home to check the floor.  They missed quite a few pieces that I cleaned up, but I was so thankful that they reacted that quickly!

It was so much better than when Koshka was a kitten and broke a glass decanter.  After she broke it, she continued to jump on the broken glass, tearing her tendon.  Not only did she bleed all over the house, she cost us several hundred dollars at the vet.  

One glass is a small price to pay!

Of course today, Tressa comes up to me with this mess...


and says, "Mommy, I have now learned to never EVER leave one of my books unattended near Zuzu!"

No comments:

Post a Comment