Friday, February 3, 2012

Boredom

This is my final week of no morning walks alone with the dog.  Heat or no heat, neither of us can take it any longer! The night walks are nice, but we miss our morning walks.

A lack of exercise makes for lethargy and boredom.  A lethargic dog is okay.  Kind of strange, but okay. A bored dog is not!

The day began with her deciding that I was not allowed on the computer.  She has a very strong nose!  She bumped my hands off the keyboard and pushed the keyboard drawer in any time I tried to sit down.  Then she jumped into my lap with the top half of her body.  This was only made more amusing by the fact that I sit in a chair with wheels, which she then progressed to push me around in in my living room.

Eventually she gave up, and went to guard the cat door to the basement.  She played whack-a-mole for a while with the cat, then took a nap.

When she woke up, she was ready to go!  We played catch with a rawhide for a while, then just wrestled for it on the floor.  Because what I have always wanted was a slimy, soggy rawhide, but it kept her from smacking the cat's head for a while.

Then, Koshka came upstairs.

"She's touching me!!!"
"Am NOT!!!!"

I filled out the form today to begin the application process to volunteer for my county.  I want to see if Zuzu can become a therapy dog.  I have to be screened, then interviewed, then go to an orientation meeting, then Zuzu begins her testing and screening.

If she tries to play whack-a-mole with one of the elderly, do you think we'll be disqualified?


No comments:

Post a Comment