Monday, November 21, 2011

The Cold


Last week, it was cold.  Really cold for November.  Now granted, all of us have lived in the cold before; we lived in New York and Zuzu was born in North Carolina and has even seen snow.  One year in California, however, made all of our blood thin!  Now we are whiny, cold fearing babies.

Zuzu hates the heat, and loves cool weather, but she didn’t seem to remember cold.  In the morning, I would let her outside where she would run with glee, but then five minutes later, ask to come back inside.  She’d come inside for five minutes, then ask to go out again.  This went on for about twenty minutes before I had had enough and didn’t let her back out until the afternoon.

Another new thing that Zuzu had not seen, was our winter coats.  She LOVES my winter coat.  Or should I say, my hood?  It has a black, fake fur rim, that looks and feels just like the cat.  At first I could not figure out why she was following me around the house, until she started jumping up, trying to bite my hood that was hanging on my back.  We had to have a little discussion that that was not okay, and the hood was not Koshka.  

We’ll have to wait and see if she remembers our talk, since all of the winter coats have been put away again for now, waiting for winter to actually arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment