Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Zuzu Herds a Pedestrian

This one is more funny/strange than funny/haha. About a week after Zu's heat was over, Darby took her out into the front yard to do her business.

I heard her start barking loudly almost immediately, so I headed out to join them. Darby had gotten Zuzu to sit, but she was still barking at an elderly gentleman walking down the street.

The next thing she did was lie down, with her haunches crunched back. For Zuzu, that's her perfect 'spring-loaded attack' position. The unaware human relaxes, and she shoots out!

Sure enough, she was off! Darby flew forward onto her belly and her hand hit the slate border around the base of a tree, causing her to lose her grip on the leash.

Zu ran out to the old man, running circles around him and barking. I ran out and pulled her away. The man just stood there calmly, arms by his side, in the perfect 'Zuzu, I'm not going to either attack OR play' position and once I had her under control, he commented on what a good dog she was and that she just wanted to play.

I don't know about other people, but I don't consider my dog a good girl if she pulls my daughter over and runs, barking, around a poor old man! I was mortified!!

Jim thinks Zu is convinced that Darby needs protection and was just letting the man know that he was not allowed to come anywhere near her.

No comments:

Post a Comment