Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wake Up!

Saturday mornings are for sleeping in.

Yeah - explain that to the dogs!

Jim got up with them at 0630 and let them out and fed them, and that bought me two more hours.  Then, at 0830 the nose poking and whining and stare-panting began.  (That's where they stare and you and pant so hard that not only can you hear them, but their hot doggy breath hits you in the face like a whiffle ball.....hah!  hah!  hah!  hah! hah! .....and you're forced to open at least one eye and look at them.)

Zee was first to see me awake.  Wag-wag-wag-smile-scratch my head!  So, I obliged.  I scratched his head.  Zuzu saw this and came over and pushed Zee's head out of my hand and put hers there instead.  Zee was not okay with that, and grabbed my hand with a curled paw and dragged it off Zu's head and back onto his own!

Zuzu said, "Oh HELL no!" and grabbed my arm with both paws, put it in her mouth (yes, my arm, in her mouth), and looked at him like, "Beat THAT!"

Okay.  Fine.  I'm up.

I was not willing to wait for what was next!


No comments:

Post a Comment