Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bunco Adventure

One Friday a month, I head out for a neighborhood bunco game.

This month's, luckily, was only about a block away, so I walked.  The reason that it was lucky, is that I forgot to bring any money.  You can't play bunco without money!  So, I texted Darby.  I figured that there were enough times that I had brought stuff to school for the girls that they had forgotten, that they could run my $10 over to me.

They came over almost right away, with the dogs.  I don't think I have ever seen two dogs so happy to see me come out of a house in my life.  Zuzu about had a fit - jumping and wiggling and squealing!  Zee was more calm, but very waggy and pulled right over to me to get many scratches.  I took my ten dollars, thanked the ladies (Darby and Tressa), said bye to the puppies and went back inside.  I missed the rest of the adventure.

Apparently, after I went back inside to merrily continue on in my game of dice, the girls began their walk home.  Tressa thought it would be fun to run home with Zuzu, so she began to run.  Part way home, Zuzu's collar fell right off her neck.  Tressa 'thought' she had clipped in on correctly, but had not.  Zuzu turned around, and sprinted back to the house that I was visiting.  Tressa ran.  Darby and Zee ran.  Zuzu ran faster.

Luckily, the husband was outside of the house, saw Zuzu running towards it and the girls chasing, called Zuzu over and she responded happily, he grabbed her collar, and waited for the girls.

"Is this YOUR dog?"

"Yes, sir."

"Why is she loose?"

"Her collar came off."  Darby said he looked down at the collar that he was holding as if he did not believe her.  "This one!" And they held up the metal collar that we use for walks.

He returned Zuzu to the girls and the girls brought the dogs right home.

When I walked into the house later that night, I got swarmed by furry excitement so crazy that I couldn't tell where one dog ended the other began.  Zee was crying and crying and wagging and bringing me toys and rawhides and Zuzu was bounding around like a lunatic!

They eventually settled down and laid near me as I sat on a couch in the TV room with the family.

Kind of makes you wish that you really were as special as your dogs think you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment