Monday, May 2, 2011

Sick Days

When you're home in bed sick, a puppy who hasn't quite learned how to cuddle might not actually make you feel any better, but it can sure make you smile.

Zuzu jumped right into bed with me this morning after Jim took care of feeding her, walking her, making the girls' lunches, getting them to school, and getting himself to work. And my bed is a place where she is definitely not allowed! I was tired enough though, that had she just laid down next to me, I wouldn't have argued and she could have stayed.

Being the puppy that she is, she had no idea how to handle Mommy being sick. After she had walked all over me sniffing (maybe to make sure it was actually me), she pulled away the covers and tried to bath my face, hands, and arms. When I pushed her away, she began to chew on any body part that I moved - and if any of you have been chewed on, you'll understand how hard it is to not move!

Finally, I got her off the bed, and she started bringing me toys, jumping up on the bed to get them in my face. I tugged with her a little while, until she got bored with my lazy effort and went back to trying to gnaw on my fingers.

But, as quickly as she came in, she decided to leave, so I opened the door to the backyard and let her run out.

Yay. Sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment