Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Payback

Oh WOW, is she punishing me for bragging yesterday!  Zuzu has been pure puppy since dinnertime last night.
If there’s something she can dig, chew, jump on, knock over, chase....she’s all over it.  Even her normal nap times are more torturous than usual.
If you have ever had a child that hated naps and would fight every second before they fell asleep because they were afraid they might miss something, you will understand how Zuzu is before her naps.  I always know when she’s super tired, because the mischief level doubles as she fights the calm rest.  Normally it only lasts about ten minutes, and with a good balance of supervision and ignoring (pretending that I’m not watching, but intervening when the bedspread or sofa pillows are about to be destroyed), she will calm down on her own and crash.  
I like when she falls asleep on her own, because she loves to sleep totally sprawled out on her back, and she can’t do that in her crate...even her new giant crate in the family room.  But then there are days like today, where an hour later I am still ‘secretly supervising’ and there are no signs of improvement.  Then, we go to the crate.
I should probably give up sooner, because she crashes almost immediately once she’s there.
Or, perhaps I should just stop all of the bragging!


No comments:

Post a Comment