Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I want Mommy!

So, the morning routine goes like this -

If Zuzu gets up before 6am, Jim walks her in the backyard until she does her business, then they go back to bed until 6am.

At 6am, I get up, put my sweatshirt on over my PJs, and take her to the kitchen where she and Koshka get fed and I make the girls' lunches for school.

If Zuzu makes it until 6, we go outside first, then to the kitchen.

Weekends are different. I like to stay in bed until 7 or 8, so Jim will feed her whenever he lets her out (normally around 6 or 7) and then we all sleep some more.

Last Saturday, when Zuzu tried to wake me up around 7am, and Jim started to get out if bed, Zuzu wanted no part of it!  She would look over at him and whine, and start licking my hands and slapping my face with her giant paws. When I tried to pull my covers up over my head as he was calling her to the door, she reached onto my nightstand, grabbed my sweatshirt, and was trying to give it to me when he finally grabbed her collar to get her outside!  I'm pretty sure, if he had let her, she would have drug my legs out of bed and put my shoes on for me too. It was hilarious!

Jim did feed her, so she was fine. Maybe someday she'll understand weekends. Or someday I'll just change the pattern and let my husband sleep in.  Nah.


No comments:

Post a Comment