Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday!

Today was my birthday.  I didn't know what that meant, but I knew it was something great, because Mommy kept singing to me and telling me about "presents".  I was excited and didn't want to wait until Daddy got home!

Mommy let me put my pretty birthday scarf on early, so that I could wear it all day.  I'm going to wear it tomorrow too, so the whole neighborhood can see how beautiful I am, now that I'm one.

Darby gave me a cake.  I love Darby!

It was weird.  And hard.  But, the yogurt icing was fun to lick.  Mommy said she got it at a special doggy bakery for me.  Next time, I want to go and pick my own cake.  (I'll pick something steak flavored, but don't tell Mommy.)

Tressa broke the cake into pieces for me so that I could actually eat some of it.  It wasn't bad after all.  I'll get more this weekend.  Mommy wouldn't let me have it all at once.  Something about their last dog having Di-just-ing problems with boutique treats from a different bakery, because he ate too much.  I don't know what those problems are, but they don't sound like fun.  Especially on my birthday.

Tressa gave me a pink tough chew toy!  It squeaked.  I heard it squeaking before when Daddy got home from work and I came to see and Darby and Tressa started yelling at him and told him to wait until after dinner.  I thought he was getting presents too!

Then, I got the best present of all!  I do so very much love Tressa!  Happy birthday to me.  Bye now.


From Kodi (Zuzu's brother):

 I got a new tug toy and am looking forward to a special chicken breast dinner tonight. Tomorrow I am going to Santa Paws for a photo with Santa followed by another special steak dinner. Then on Sunday my favorite of all, a long hike off lead in the High Sierras in the snow with Keiko and Mom and Dad. It is fun being a birthday boy.

I have a new fun thing to do. Every night before bed I get my favorite tug and play tug with mom. She says I beat her up but it is so much fun. Dad isn’t so much fun because he won’t let me win so he doesn’t get to play with me. After tug with mom, dad takes me and Keiko out for a “potty” walk and then we get to check out all my fenced territory and we all bark, bark bark to tell the bad guys we are watching. There is a jack rabbit that really makes me mad. Every night after 10 he comes and hops around then goes and drinks at our water trough. Dad doesn’t think he is a threat and doesn’t care for my barking at him but I know he just shouldn’t be there.

Kodi


From Echo (one of Zuzu's other brothers):

kodi, do you think anyone would know if i ran away and lived in your basement,,,wait, do you have a basement? you could sneak me food and stuff.

i didn't get anything special for my birthday, she grabbed my cheeks this morning and called me a big boy, but she still laughs at the way I go potty, because it's like our mom, I guess. I don't see any difference in it. She won't let me bark bark bark, i just get going good and she ruins all my fun. what is a jack rabbit? i am sure i would love to chase one. i can help you guard, it sounds like you're busy.

your brother echo



No comments:

Post a Comment