Monday, December 31, 2012

Air Kisses

Zuzu has a strange new habit.... Air kisses!

And these aren't like those polite, three in a row, close to your cheek kisses that you see French people do on TV.

These are where she jumps up on her hind legs to greet visitors, and literally touches her mouth to theirs!

I've tried to analyze this (as I always do) and this is all that I can figure out:

1- She's not allowed to jump and put her paws on anyone, so by leaving her paws by her side, perhaps she thinks this type of jump is 'acceptable'.

2 - I always kiss Jim when he gets home, so maybe she thinks that's what she is supposed to do.

Either way, if we have someone new over to the house that is not used to big dogs, this can be a terrifying experience!  My 70+ year old mother-in-law was not okay with it.  On the other hand, the high schoolers seem completely amused.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment