Wednesday, May 2, 2012

So Much!

I know it's only been a week and a half since I wrote, but it truly seems like forever. So much has happened that I don't think I'll be able to cover it all properly.

We went to our first dog show! There were so many exciting things about that weekend!!

-  Zuzu and Zee rode in crates to the show and were fine.
-  They hung out in crates in the van during the show and were fine.  It was gorgeous out, and I kept all of the doors open for them so that they could see out and feel the breeze, and they seemed really happy and relaxed.
-  Zuzu and I learned how to walk in a ring.  She was fine unless she could see Zee.  Then she only wanted him and didn't want to listen.
-  Zee tried to pick fights with Dourado.  Apparently having another unaltered male Estrela around was not okay with him.  He was a brat!
-  I finally got to meet Cindy and Tracey and they were amazing and nice and helpful and it was so much fun!  And we went to PF Chang's for dinner and later they brought over a new type of beer that I really liked.
-  I survived in a hotel room by myself with two dogs.
-  The dogs learned how to use the hotel room as a playground and jump from bed to bed, wrestling around.
-  Both dogs came home with ribbons!


Zee came home with us.

-  Yes, he was supposed to head down to North Carolina after the show.
-  Yup. He came home with me instead.
-  Really now, did that surprise ANYONE?


Zee went to the doctor.

-  Yes, he went to have his boy parts removed.
-  No, it didn't happen.


Zee has heart worms.

-  Yeah....THAT was a fly in the ointment that I wasn't expecting.
-  Two trips out to McLean for me (oh how I hate 495!) and an overnight stay with a painful shot for Zee, and we came home with a ton of meds and an order to stay calm for 30 days until the next treatment.
-  A wait of at least two months before he can be neutered. Sigh.
-  At least one heat to get through. Sigh.  Belly bands. Sigh.  Does anyone know how to teach a male dog to EMPTY his bladder? Sigh.


Home Again

-  Now we're working on teaching the dogs to play calmly.  Hahahaha!
-  They are getting better.  This morning they had a fun game of 'trick you out of your rawhide' going.  Zuzu's ploy is to rub her face all over Zee's until he drops it and then she snags it.  Zee pretends to see something outside, causing Zu to jump up, dropping the rawhide to bark, then he grabs it.  He got bored first, so she started tossing it to him.  He did not toss back.


The Fox

-  The fox is back.  I don't know where he lives or why he visits, but he is the biggest, prettiest, red fox that I have ever seen.  His tail is so big and fluffy that it's easily half of him.
-  The dogs love the fox.
-  The fox knows that the dogs can't get him.
-  This is not a good combination when we're supposed to be keeping Zee's heart rate down.
-  The fox seems to know this, does not care in the least, and has changed his normal walking path to go straight up the pipeline break....along my fence.  Damn fox!


So, that's where we are. Not the life I had just over a month ago, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment