Friday, June 3, 2011

On Our Own

This has been a good week for the ladies in the house to bond.  Mainly, Zuzu and me.  Jim had his last TDY to DC this week, which is good, but always makes for a sad, quiet, and lonely house.

The first day, Zu was still riding on her high of Daddy being home all of the time and she was perrrrrfect!  We had the most amazing walk.  She never pulled, staying right by my side, sat every time I stopped and for every person and dog she met, and did all of her training for me in the park even though people were walking by.
Then, Daddy didn’t come home. She waited, and waited, and waited, and went to sleep sad.
Wednesday was more challenging, Thursday was better, and then there was today.  I keep trying to tell her that Daddy comes home tonight, but she’s not buying it.  
It started off poorly when I let her come outside with me while Tressa left for school.  She didn’t handle it well at all when her favorite sibling rode off on a bike.  She almost pulled her leash right out of my hand trying to launch after her!
She got over it, then I had to go run some errands.  When I got back, she was laying with her back to me in the crate, and she wouldn’t even look at me until I opened the crate door.  Then she thumped her tail once and glanced in my direction.  She slowly got up and walked out, then leaned her body into me and looked up at me with her big brown eyes like the drama queen that she is!!!  It must be soooo hard being a baby girl Estrela!
I let her out and we played, then I came inside to get stuff ready for our walk.  She barked and barked - at me!  If I looked out, she stopped.  If I looked away, she barked.
Then Darby came home with Parker and they hopped the back fence to go through the school grounds to eat lunch downtown.  When they disappeared over the fence, she barked and barked and ran around and cried at the fence.  Of course Darby forgot something, so up over the fence she popped!  Zuzu was elated!  Until Darby grabbed what she needed and disappeared once more.  Zuzu didn’t leave the fence until I had her leash and collar in my hand.
Our walk was like she was three months old again.  Super slow, pull pull pull, drag drag drag, sniff sniff, try to run!  At least she still sat at intersections and meeting people, so it wasn’t a total disaster. 
When we got home, Darby and Parker were sitting at the front of the house and she was soooo excited!  Unfortunately, she only got five minutes of soccer with Parker before they went inside to watch TV.  Apparently a week of finals is tiring for high schoolers.  
I let her stay outside, until she began throwing her entire giant puppy body at the screen door to get in.
Then, I became her victim.  Growl, Grrrr, BARK, play bow, bite, grrrr, wag wag BITE!  And why does she ALWAYS bite my bottom when I try to ignore her?  She even managed (and I still don’t know how this was possible) to snap my bra from behind.  Only a girl dog would have thought to try that.
It ended up in a little Wrestle Mania III, where I had to prove that I’m Alpha when Daddy’s not around, then she had some quiet time in her crate for 15 minutes, and now she’s lying next to me watching me type.  She doesn’t want to be outside today, unless someone is there with her.  
Poor little baby.  I think today she would look cute with a pacifier and a tiara.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment